BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT
Did You Know?
Did you know that…
• 20 Million British people risk avoidable sight loss because they fail to have regular sight tests.
• One in ten British adults have NEVER had an eye examination.
• 85% of us admit to having problems with our vision.
• More than 30 million Britons are entitled to FREE eyecare (sight tests and/or optical vouchers to cover the cost of any vision correction required) paid for by the NHS.
• Everyone should have an eye examination once every two years unless advised otherwise by their optometrist. The Eye Care Trust recommends children aged under 9 and people aged 70 and over have annual eye examinations.
• It’s estimated that 1 in 5 children has an undetected problem with their vision.
• Fifty per cent of us think an NHS sight test costs £20 or more, despite it being free!
• A quarter of over 60 year olds say the quality of their vision affects their daily routine.
(source of information: The Eyecare Trust)