BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT
Regular eye examinations are important, which is why we recommend you have an eye examination at least every two years if you are aged between 16 and 70.* Under 16’s and over 70’s should have a sight test every year. (*unless advised otherwise by your optometrist or doctor)
If you are entitled to an NHS voucher at 4 Sight we’ll enhance its value to a minimum of £70 giving you access to a great range of frames completely free of charge or an equivalent discount off our entire range. Please ask instore for details.
More than 30 million people in the UK are entitled to a free eye examination paid for by the NHS. You are automatically entitled to a FREE sight test on the NHS if you….
- Are aged 60 or over
- Are aged under 16 – or under 19 & still in full time education
- Diagnosed as having diabetes or glaucoma
- 40 years of age or over with a close relative with glaucoma
- Registered blind or partially sighted
- In need of complex lenses (you may also get an optical voucher)
In addition, you are also entitled to a free NHS sight tests if you (or your partner) are receiving the following benefits or credits:
- Income Support or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Working Tax Credit/Child Tax Credit (and are named on a NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate)
- You are named on a valid HC2 or HC3 certificate
- Pension Credit guarantee credit
Help With Paying For Your Glasses
As well as a free eye examination, you may also be entitled to an NHS Spectacle Voucher giving help with the purchase of glasses or contact lenses, if you are:
- Under 16 or under 19 and still in full time education
- Named on a valid HC2 or HC3 certificate
- In need of complex lenses
- You or your partner claim Income Support, Income Based Job Seekers Allowance, Working Family’s Tax Credit/Disabled Person’s Tax Credit (and are named on a NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate).